1. Some months have 30 days, some have 31; how many
months have 28 days?
2. A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was
given 15 cents. What time is it?
3. If you had only one match and entered a room in
which there was a kerosene lamp, an oil heater, and a
wood burning stove, which would you light first?
4. There is a house with four walls. Each wall faces
south. There is a window in each wall. A bear walks by
one of the windows. What color is the bear?
5. Is half of two plus two equal to two or three?
6. Do they have a 4th of July in England?
7. How many animals of each species did Moses take
aboard the Ark with him?
8. How far can a dog run into the woods?
9. What is the significance of the following: The year
is 1978, thirty-four minutes past noon on May 6th.
10. Is it legal in California for a man to marry his
11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4
haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would
he have if he combined them all in the center field?
12. What is it that goes up and goes down but does not
13. I have in my hand only 2 U.S. coins which total 55
cents in value. One is not a nickel. What are the
14. A farmer has 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many
did he have left?
15. Divide 30 by 1/2 and add ten. What is the answer?
1. All 12 have 28 days
2. 1:45. The man gave away a total of 25 cents. He
divided it between two people. Therefore, he gave a
quarter to two.
3. Light the match first.
4. White. If all the walls face south, the house is at
the Northpole, and the bear, therefore, is a polar
5. Three. Well, it seems that it could almost be
either, but if you follow the mathematical orders of
operation, division isperformed before addition. So…
half of two is one. Then add two, and the answer is
6. Yes, and a 5th, a 6th, …
7. I thought Noah brought 2 of each animal, not Moses
8. Halfway, then he would be running out of the woods.
9. The time/month/date/year of an American style
calendar are 12:34, 5/6/78.
10. No. You can’t marry someone if you’re dead!
11. One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all
become one big stack.
12. The temperature.
13. A half-dollar and a nickel. (Only one was not a
14. 9 sheep